Have You Got A Customer Service Reference Number From Council?

These days, often the first place people go when they have an issue with local council is straight to Facebook to let everyone else know about it.  Whilst this may assist you with the venting process, it will do very little to solve the problem and in some instances may even make things worse as other people get involved and accusations start to get thrown around.

Wyndham City offers the following channels for communication should you have any local matters that must be escalated to council:

  • Wyndham City Website – Click on the “Customer Service Request” red button on the front page of the Wyndham City Council website.  This will take you through to a “Request For Action/Feedback Online Form” where you can provide details of your issue.  Once you have completed the form, you will be issued with a customer service number.
  • Call Wyndham City – (03) 9742 0777.  Ask for a customer service number.
  • Visit Wyndham City – Civic Centre & Functions Centre, 45 Princes Highway, Werribee, Victoria (Mel Ref 206 B7) – Open 8.00am – 5.00pm (Monday to Friday).  Ask for a customer service number.
  • Write to Wyndham City – Wyndham City, PO Box 197, Werribee, Victoria 3030. Ask for a customer service number.
  • Email Wyndham City – mail@wyndham.vic.gov.au. Ask for a customer service number.

You should always ask for a customer service number when logging an issue with Council.  This will enable to progress of your issue to be tracked.

An additional benefit of logging your issue with Council is that the details of your issue can be used for planning and research purposes to improve the services of the community.  You can also be assure that under the Council’s Collection, Disclosure and Use of Personal Details Policy any personal information provided to Wyndham City through will only be used for the purposes it was collected and for any other authorised use.  It will not be disclosed to third parties unless required or authorised by law.

Wyndham City has set up the following social media platforms:



These platforms are used predominantly for broadcasting information.  They are not intended for issue resolution and are not monitored regularly, therefore you should not use these platforms to lodge issues with council.

In addition to this, there are many Wyndham/Point Cook Facebook pages and groups that Point Cook residents are active on, but Wyndham City does not have the resources to monitor all of these (and neither should it).  Therefore a rant on such a platform will not lead to a resolution.  Council can’t help if they don’t know, so please log all issues with Council using one of the above methods.  What you choose to do after that to satisfy your venting process is your decision.